Archway to Excellence exceeds goal
UGA’s seven-year capital campaign ended June 30 with a grand total of $653,647,368 in private donations collected or pledged.
Among the gifts:
- $174.3 million for academic and research programs;
- $151.8 million for varsity sports programs;
- $82.3 million for scholarships, awards and other student support;
- $54.7 million for endowed professorships, chairs and faculty support;
- $51.9 million to help build the new learning environment;
- $38 million for state and national outreach programs.
More than 100,000 donors contributed to the Archway to Excellence Campaign.
Fiscal year 2008, which ended June 30, was the third year that the university has raised more than 100 million in private gifts. The campaign reached its $500 million goal in March 2007, 15 months early.